Monday, November 30, 2009

47/365 - Blocking

47/365 - Blocking

I didn't take many photos today, so I'm stuck with not-so-great pictures of my most recently completed crochet project. This is my Millicent scarf, both before and during blocking. This scarf was my first experience with treble and double treble crochet, as well as my first time crocheting wool. (Very exciting!)

I started the pattern with some acrylic yarn, but I felt that the design wasn't showing as well as I wanted, and I didn't know if an acrylic yarn would open up when blocked, as wool was supposed to do. I decided to start again with new yarn.

As you can see, it still looked pretty tight before blocking.  I'll have to wait for it to dry before I can remove the pins and know for sure how it looks completely finished, but the "during" shot is promising.

I'm still not sure I'm doing the blocking correctly.  I suspect I may have blocked too severely this time-- and it takes me forever, even getting imperfect results like these.  (The edges of the scarf could be a little more even, but I figure that a little wobble won't show when I wear it.) Even if it's not the best blocking job in the world, it did certainly open up the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment